Coffee is probably the most consumed beverage around the globe. Statista research shows that coffee is the second favorite drink in the USA, while in the UK, it is most preferred. A good coffee maker is a must-have appliance for any coffee lover. However, with a lot of coffee machines on the market, it can be challenging to pick the best. Like any other gadget you buy, you’ll want only the best single serve coffee maker no pods.
Top 7 Best Single Serve Coffee Makers Without Pods: Comparison Chart
|Product||Different Brew Sizes||Water Tank Capacity||Programmability||Dimensions||Weight|
|Ninja CM401||Yes||60 oz||Yes||
11.99 x 8.75 x 15.04 inches
|Hamilton Beach 49981A||Yes||14 oz||No||
8.35 x 6.7 x 8.67 inches
|Technivorm 69212||No||10 oz||No||6.5 x 11 x 12 inches||4 pounds|
|Cuisinart DCC-3000||Yes||12 cups||Yes||
22.5 x 14.25 x 17.25 inches
|Mr. Coffee HotCup||Yes||74 oz||No||
17 x 14.5 x 9.5 inches
|Breville BCG650BSS||Yes||60 oz||Yes||12.5 x 8.5 x 16.3 inches||16 pounds|
|BLACK+DECKER CM618||No||16 oz||No||7.4 x 5.9 x 12.1 inches||2.26 pounds|
Why Buy Single Serve Coffee Maker That Uses No Pods?
It’s no doubt that a single serve coffee maker with no pods can create the fantastic, gourmet coffee shop sensation at home. Whether you are a coffee lover or just a one-time taker, there are several good reasons why you should get a single serving coffee maker without pods:
- It makes one cup of coffee, which is convenient for one person. And it also takes less effort, in case you want to make two or more cups.
- Single-serve coffee makers with no pods are cheap; it saves money. Ground coffee is inexpensive compared to coffee beans or pods.
Single Serve Coffee Makers Without Pods: Types Overview
Buying the best single serve coffee maker without pods seems easy; however, the fact that there is a wide variety of single brewers makes it difficult. The main difference is whether or not they are electric. Most are electric. Coffee makers made in the USA are the most common brands in the market, probably due to the built quality. There are also automated and semi-automated machines. The best single cup coffee maker without pods is automatic; all you do is fill in water and your ground coffee, and with a press of a button, you have your perfect cup of coffee.
Things to Consider When Picking Single Serve Coffee Maker with No Pods
Using a single-serve ground coffee maker is a different way of brewing coffee altogether. If you read on single serve coffee maker no pods reviews, you’ll notice there are many factors to consider with this coffee-making style so that you can be content with your machine. Here are some:
A good single-serve coffee maker should be portable. A small size machine is convenient to move around with when traveling or camping. Our single-serve coffee maker review will help you make a more informed choice when it comes to machine size. A bigger machine size might mean higher power consumption and cost of buying.
Cup/Water Reservoir Size
While most single-serve coffee maker with no pods will make only a single cup, other models have larger cups with several options. Some have larger water reservoirs that can brew five or ten cups. It’s good to consider how many people will use the brewer. Water reservoir size could not be something to consider for some people. However, remember the bigger the tank, the less the filling. Check out the best coffee maker for one person review here.
Coffee machines come with either permanent irreplaceable filters or paper filters, which are replaceable. In this case, single-serve coffee maker with no pods have permanent filters. It’s advantageous since you don’t have to worry about frequent replacement. It saves you some money
- Auto shut-off: An essential feature that helps you save on power costs.
- Adjustable stand: Allows you to position it for comfortable use.
- Programmability: This feature enables you to get the right size and strength of coffee you prefer.
- Built-in grinder: With this, you don’t have to worry about grinding your beans, and it also cuts down the cost of buying two separate machines.
- Self-cleaning: It saves you the hassle of cleaning the inside parts of your machine.
How to Clean Your Coffee Maker
To run smoothly and serve you longer your single-serve coffee maker without pods, must be cleaned regularly.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Disconnect your machine from the wall socket.
- Dismantle all the removable parts such as the filter, water reservoir, and tray.
- Wash them in warm, soapy water. Rinse and let them dry thoroughly.
- For the main unit, use a soft damp towel to wipe the outer parts.
- Assemble back your machine and fill the reservoir with water and vinegar in equal parts.
- Turn on the brewer and let it run for some time to clean the brewer’s inside part.
- Repeat the process above with clean water to wash out any residue.
We recommend reading your machine’s manual for more details about care and maintenance instructions. If you do not clean your coffee maker properly, it may result in damage such as a blocked drain, dirty shower filters, leaking, etc.
Extra Tip: How to Save Money on Buying Coffee Pods
Buying the usual pods can be more expensive compared to ground coffee. Here’s some tips on how to save on coffee pods cost:
- Use refillable coffee pods: Whichever brewer you’re using, there are reusable pods available for it. What you have to do is get a filter pod then use it with ground coffee; it’s as good as pods. By doing this, you’ll have a single cup coffee maker that uses grounds and cuts on coffee pods cost.
- Use alternative brands: There are several options with different prices when it comes to brands. Some are top-rated and expensive, while others are reasonably affordable. Brands like Intelligent Blends sell factory-direct pods, making them cheaper. Nespresso-compatible pods are comparable to Nespresso’s official capsules yet are less expensive and thus save your money.
A single-serve coffee maker with no pods is a useful appliance to have, either at home or in the office. It gives you the right amount of coffee for just one person. Also worth noting, it saves you the cost for buying coffee pods. Thank you for checking our in-depth review of the best single serve coffee maker no pods 2023. Now, you certainly know what to consider when going out to shop for a single-serve coffee maker, and it’s easier to choose nowp, whether you want a machine for making coffee for a group or just to pick the best coffee maker for one person .
To check out features and review to be sure you’re buying exactly what you need. Hopefully this article managed to shed more light on how to get the best single serve coffee maker with no pods, so keep this information in mind, go with what suits you best and enjoy your java!