Coffee is a rather important beverage. According to research, many people start their day with this drink, so finding the perfect machine is necessary. One of the leading brands of coffee machine makers is Keurig. Their appliances are known for making refreshing and tasty brews. Studies have shown coffee machine like Keurig is one of the most popular brewing machines all across the globe. If you prefer your coffee with milk, feel free to put milk in Keurig while brewing it. In this article we’ll review the debate of keurig 1.0 vs 2.0 and will help you tell the difference between the two, as well as to choose the best among them.
What is Keurig?
Keurig is an American Brand that makes kitchen appliances. The company launched in 1992 and over the years, they have manufactured several coffee making machines. They also sell different types of beverages and soft drinks, like lemonade, fruit-based beverages and dairy-based drinks.
In addition to that, Keurig also sells brewing machines and beverage pods.
Introduction to Keurig 1.0
The keurig 1.0 models are famous coffee making machines all over the world. The appliance allows you to make a hot, brewing cup of coffee easily and quickly. The Keurig 1.0 Models launched in the first decade of the 21st century.
Let’s compare the Keurig models.
Main Characteristics of Keurig 1.0
- Sturdy: Built to last a long time. These Keurig machines are durable as well as reliable, so you can use it every day without worrying about breakage. Great durability, especially compared to other espresso machines for under 100 dollars.
- Choice of pods: You can use any type of caffeine pod with this machine. There’s no need to buy special pods exclusively since no matter which pod you use, the appliance will still make coffee.
- Easy to use: As the title perfectly explains: 1.0 models are really easy to use and clean. Though older categories may not have a touch-screen option, these are robust and perfect for rough use.
Advantages and Disadvantages
|These are cheap and affordable
|Water reservoirs are small and have less capacity
|Can be used with any pod
|Lacks features like temperature and strength control, auto-off feature
|Makes coffee very quickly
Introduction to Keurig 2.0
Keurig 2.0 models are newer and improved coffee machines that launched in 2015. If you’re looking for a sleek and classy coffee making appliance, this collection is perfect for you.
Main characteristics of Keurig 2.0
- K carafe: When it comes to keurig 1.0 vs 2.0, an essential difference is k Carafe pods. With keurig 2.0 model, you can now use the K carafe pods, that are not compatible with Keurig 1.0
- Quality of coffee: This version of the coffee machines produces smooth and delicious beverages within minutes. There are also some additional features in the 2.0 models, that allow you to make coffee quicker without compromising the taste.
- Different brew sizes: When comparing Keurig 1.0 vs 2.0 you’ll notice that they have different cup sizes. The model of Keurig 1.0 has 3 cup sizes – 6,8, and 10 oz. Another great thing about Keurig two is that it has a wider range of cup sizes. So you can now make a different amount of coffee with the same utensil. These models have a wider range of brew sizes, therefore, you can now make a small or large cup of coffee whenever you like.
Advantages and Disadvantages
|Has several advanced features, along with customizable settings
|The 2.0 models are expensive
|Every model has strength as well as temperature controls
|Different types of pods cannot be used
|Colored touchscreens are available in some models
|Water reservoirs have a larger capacity
Comparison Between Keurig 1.0 and 2.0
We shall now discuss what features set these machines apart.
When we compare keurig models, the first difference is visible – how they look. The Keurig 2.0 was released several years after the original keurig model, therefore, the former has a classier look. Keurig 1.0 looks bulky and not very sophisticated, whereas the keurig 2.0 models can make any kitchen look better.
Pods That Can Be Used
Now, what about the difference between Keurig 1.0 and 2.0 in terms of pods? Here’s some:
Keurig 1.0 has only 3 pod sizes, while pods of Keurig 2.0 models are compatible with 11 to 12 sizes. You can’t use Keurig 1.0 pods in Keurig 2.0 and vice versa. There are also k cup 1.0 vs. 2.0 differences that we shall discuss next.
Compatibility with K Carafe
Keurig 2.0 models allow you to use K Carafe pods, whereas you can’t use them in the Keurig 1.0 machines.
Using Refillable Pods
You can use refillable pods with the older Keurig 1.0 machines, but for Keurig 2.0 the case is different. For this model, you need to buy specific pods that are also manufactured by the Keurig company.
Keurig 2.0 models come with a lot of updated features, and the change in the size of water tanks is one of those. The newer line of machines has a much larger reservoir capacity. The older Keurig 1.0 models could only hold up to 48 ounces of water or about 6 cups, however, the newer line of the appliances can hold up to 90 ounces of water.
Settings and Control
Any Keurig coffee machine review will tell you that keurig 2.0 models come with a touch-screen control panel while the original keurig model doesn’t have this feature.
Brewing Settings and Options
The Keurig 2.0 machines allow you to control both the temperature and the strength of the coffee. The Keurig 1.0 appliances had no such option.
Both the Keurig 1.0 and 2.0 collections have indicators that will alert you whenever water needs to be refilled. Both have indicators.
The Keurig 2.0 models have an auto-off option along with other advanced settings.
In the Keurig 2.0 machines, you can set a specific language, like Spanish, and it has a “high altitude” option. This setting allows you to operate the machine even if you are at a high altitude, like on a mountain. So this makes keurig 2.0 vs 1.0 settings quite different.
|Recommended Keurig 1.0 model
|Recommended Keurig 2.0 model
|The K55 is the best original keurig model. It has exclusive features that many other Keurig models do not have like an auto-shutoff option and a water tank with a large capacity. You can also make coffee very quickly.
|According to several Keurig coffee machine reviews, the K575 model in the Keurig 2.0 collection can fit up to 80 ounces of water. It also has a removable drip tray and comes in beautiful colors. Now you can make a great cup of coffee in style.
Now that we gave you detailed research and highlighted the difference between keurig and keurig 2.0 we hope it will be easier for you to make a choice. You can also read more about keurig 1.0 vs 2.0 coffee maker online. If you want a cheaper model go for keurig 1.0. If you want a model with advanced features, keurig 2.0 will suit you best. As for purchasing, it all comes down to your personal preferences and needs: if you want a durable and affordable machine, consider purchasing keurig 1.0 models. For style and innovation consider keurig 2.0.