For the lovers of rich and thick caffeine, there is no better option than dark roast coffee. The nutty aroma that fills the senses in the first sip is truly wonderful. Let us know the right variety of beans to make the best drink.
How roasting affects a coffee taste?
Plain coffee seeds taste like grass. So, what gives the beverage its delicious and almost addictive flavor? It is the process of roasting. The beans absorb the heat during the roasting process and acquire the delectably smoky and charming flavor and fragrance.
What is dark roast coffee?
It is a drink obtained by roasting the coffee bean store of 465-480 F temperature until the beans turn almost black in color. It has a distinct burnt, smoky, and bitter taste. Espresso is brewed with a dark roast variant.
What beans are best for dark roast coffee?
If you have decided to kick start your day with a cup of dark roast coffee daily, then check out the list of the best beans’ companies below:
- Café Don Pablo Subtle Earth Organic: Cultivated in Honduras, this one has a velvety texture, rich flavor, and low level of acidity.
- Death Wish Coffee World’s Strongest Coffee: The beans possess boast of high caffeine content, and the flavor has sweet chocolate and cherry notes.
- Starbucks Espresso Roast: Brew the best espresso with or without a milk with the dark roast coffee beans of Starbucks.
- Koffee Kult Dark Roast Coffee Beans: This variety stands out for the balanced acidity level and smooth flavor and consistency.
Dark roast varieties
- Colombian Supremo: The dark roast coffee of Columbia has the most exquisite taste and unearthly undertones of juicy lemons, milk chocolate, and brown sugar.
- Tanzania Peaberry: Coffee connoisseurs speak highly of the winey notes of Tanzania Peaberry dark roast coffee
- Ethiopian Yirgacheffe: People fall in love with the mild fruity kick of Ethiopian beans, Yirgacheffe, the French roast blend that.
- Guatemala Antigua: Guatemalan product is famous across the world for its unique spicy flavor.
- Sumatra Mandheling: Indulge in the sweet aroma of chocolate, maple syrup, and toasted almonds that wafts from the cup of freshly brewed Sumatra Mandheling product of Indonesia.
What drinks can we cook with dark roasted beans?
If you love the smoky notes of a dark beverage, then go for macchiato and latte drinks. The strong aroma of dark roast coffee cuts through the taste of milk, and the flavor of heavily caramelized sugar lends a mouth-watering sweet and smoky zest to the drink.
Dark roasted coffees pros & cons
|– Dark roast coffee boasts of intense flavor|
– You can prepare a mug of your favorite coffee drink with a little amount of coffee.
– Even the cheap dark roast coffee is tasty as well.
|– Dark roast coffee is a little too strong.|
– The procedure of dark roasting ends up masking the original flavor of the coffee.
How to choose the best dark roast variant.
Each type of drink has a distinct taste. Most of the varieties possess rich chocolaty notes. You can go for caramel or fruit flavors as well. Make sure that it is not too bitter so that you can brew it in any way you want.
If you are trying out dark roast drink for the first time, then avoid buying a large bag of it. Invest in a bag size of one or two pounds and nurture your love for dark roast coffee.
Most of the companies come with multiple certifications that assure the premium quality of the product. Check out the most common company certifications that affirm the authenticity of coffee as collected from different dark roast drink reviews:
- Fair Trade: The Fair Trade certificate indicates that the farmers and corporations are subject to standard trading conditions and are compliant with the principles of sustainable development and environmental laws.
- USDA Organic: If good health is your prime concern, then go for the USDA Organic certificate that authenticates the dark roast coffee is organic. The certificate assures that there is no harmful ingredient in the coffee like synthetic herbicides and pesticides and toxic chemicals.
- Rainforest Alliance: The Rainforest Alliance certificate indicates that the coffee cultivation farm is audited by governmental authorities that affirm the adherence of the farm with environmental conservation.
Tips for brewing the dark roast beverage
• Drink it freshly roasted
Even the best bold drink tends to lose its freshness very quickly. Brew freshly ground French, Italian, and Spanish dark roast coffee for the best taste.
• Use boiling water
Prepare the drink with boiling water to make it smooth and less bitter in taste.
• Make sure that the beans are of the right size
Beans that are ground to the medium coarse size are best suited for a cup of the darkest roast coffee.
Is dark roast drink stronger?
It is a common myth that dark beans taste stronger than light roast drinks because both varieties possess the same amount of caffeine. The strength of flavor is different but not caffeine, as the process of roasting beans does not have the caffeine content.
Is dark roast coffee healthier?
If you are concerned about your health, then choose the specific beverage over the light variant as the former is a healthier alternative. The acidic content of dark roast coffee is lower. It contains glutathione and vitamin E, along with other ingredients that help in weight loss and generation of RBCs in the body.
Is dark roast coffee bitterer?
It is bitterer than the light roast coffee. However, if your drink feels too bitter, then it must have been excessively roasted or over-extracted. You may either switch to a different brand or try masking the bitterness with milk, sugar, and cream.
Storm into your day by waking up to a steaming mug of freshly-brewed dark roast coffee. Relish the nutty and chocolate aroma of drink and stay healthy, too, by sticking to the organic varieties. The recommendations of dark roast coffee brands for 2020 may help you make the right choice while shopping: Lifeboost Coffee, Coffee Bros, Death Wish Coffee, Koffee Kult, and more.