In spite of there being so many coffee brewing methods being available, why should you opt to brew it in a microwave, you ask? Well, first of all, it is simple and super fast! (which is why microwaves have been the go-to option for many to heat up and speed quick meals.). And not everyone uses a coffee maker, and in that case, a microwave works just fine.
These simple tips of ours of how to make coffee in a microwave oven will help you achieve the same.
More reasons to brew coffee in the microwave
One of the best things about coffee is that there are so many different ways to prepare it. You can use espresso makers, filters, presses. Each method of cooking can offer you a unique collection of flavors and qualities. But the most important thing when it comes to making coffee is a good quality of coffee grinder, the more well-grounded the coffee, the better the taste. So a microwave is a very underrated but effective way of doing that, which is why you should make coffee in a microwave.
The methods and process
There are several methods of how to make coffee in a microwave. If you thought there was only one method to it, think again. There are various methods to that too. For instance, the DIY filter method, the steeped coffee method, the instant coffee method, and others.
The DIY filter coffee method :
- Measure and fill the grounds into the paper filter (preferably freshly grounded from beans)
- Gather it so that it forms a pocket
- As soon as the water for coffee in the microwave is heated, you need to insert the part which is folded in the gaps of a fork. Then jam the fork into the drink and start steeping.
- Let it steep for 4-5 minutes, and there you go, your filter flavored coffee is ready for consumption!
The steeped coffee method:
- Even if you don’t have or can make filter paper, you can just mix the grounds in the preheated water and brew it for 4-5 minutes.
- Decant the drink into a new mug or just scoop off the foam and drink from the same cup.
- You can also use a strainer and strain it into a clean cup.
- It would be advisable to use a medium-coarse grind. That way, the filter will come off easily.
The instant coffee method:
Instant coffee is honestly the easiest to make, and the process is more or less the same.
- Follow the methods described above and heat water for coffee. The temperature should be up to 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The coffee to water ratio should be ½ teaspoons for every 8 ounces of water.
- Add sugar and milk according to preference, and voila! You’re done.
Other methods of how to make a hot pleasure drink in a microwave include letting the mug sit in the microwave for 60 seconds, stirring the grounds, and transferring it to another cup. Complex and tiresome processes are not necessarily synonymous with a good cup of beverage. Innovation makes it good, not complexity.
How to heat water in a microwave
Here’s how to microwave water for coffee:
- the target temperature should be 194-203 degrees F.
- see how close you are to the target temperature if it’s a long way, take 45 secs- 1 minute, and if it is only a few degrees, try 20-30 seconds
Though for different microwaves, how long to microwave water depends, this is the rough estimate.
How to froth milk in a microwave
And you’re done! You just frothed milk in the microwave!
Now that you know how to make coffee in the microwave, do not let those purists tell you that the only good coffee comes out of a coffee machine? Coffee is all about creativity and exploring new and innovative ways to prepare it, so sit back and let the microwave work its magic. Because you have got to admit that from the DIY method to the instant coffee microwave method, that thing has got a range!