Brewing the perfect shot of espresso can be quite a Herculean task sometimes. It becomes especially difficult with complicated instructions on expensive coffee machines. The Nespresso Essenza Mini attempts to bridge this very gap between flavor and ease. Several nespresso essenza mini reviews, as well as statistics, show that single-serving coffee brewing machines such as Nespresso Essenza Mini were the second most popular brewing system after standard drip coffee makers, with 27% of American coffee drinkers using them in 2020. In this article, we will take a closer look at this model.
Who Is Essenza Mini for?
This machine is tailor-made for beginners, who don’t have time to spend hours learning how to use a complicated coffee machine. It’s very easy to use: there are only two settings to program and it’s as simple as putting a capsule inside the machine and pushing the button.
Having said that, Essenza is a mini nespresso maker with low capacity, so if you want multiple drinks a day, this is probably not ideal for you. It’s better suited for someone who is just up for enjoying a quick-me-up a few times a day.
Nespresso Essenza Mini: Detailed Study
|Product Line||Original Line|
|Brew Sizes||1.35 oz espresso, 3.70 oz lungo|
|Water Reservoir||20 oz|
|Spent Capsules||6 capsules|
|External Material||ABS plastic|
|Dimension||32″ W×12.8″ D×8.1″ H|
|Other Features||Auto Off after 9 minutes|
A Brief Overview of Key Features
Things we like:
- One-touch operation
- 19-bar pressure bar
- Fast-heating system
- Strong and rich flavor of coffee
The Nespresso Essenza Mini Espresso machine has a cone shape and hence needs some space. It’s one of the smallest nespresso machines out there. The drip tray and capsule container are placed at the front, you have to pull the black plastic part to take it out.
The lever mechanism is front center on the top and can be easily opened and closed. It’s a bit noisy, as it has to reach a pressure of 19 bars before releasing water into the pod, however, it is much less than other machines.
Operation and Setup
This machine is so easy to use that it can be operated with closed eyes. All you need is the Nespresso capsule and you’re good to go. The machine has no ON button, so after plumbing, you have to press either “Espresso” or “Lungo”.
It’ll blink when heating up for 25 seconds, then, light up when it’s ready to use. The Espresso and Lungo have preset water volume. You can actually program the machine to produce a suitable amount of coffee. Once that is done, release the button and the machine will quickly blink three times confirming the new setting. Aside from the volume, the factory settings can also be restored to energy-saving mode.
Brewing Capacity and Settings
The Nespresso Mini Essenza is a very strong espresso machine with a single serving capacity. This nespresso coffee maker is certainly a very reliable unit for everyday home use unless you want to serve a large crowd. However, you need to empty the used capsule container after every six coffee preparations. In addition, since the machine has a small water tank, depending on your choice of coffee drink and your desired volume of water, you can only make at most 10 cups of coffee.
Through the use of Nespresso capsules, your favorite espresso can be prepared with minimal effort. And coffee quality won’t be a problem because you’re using capsules and not nespresso pods for latte. Coffee disposal and washing, too are not a burden.
The Essenza Mini uses the Nespresso Initial capsules to make shots of espresso. A standard shot (1.35 ounces) or long shot (5 ounces) may be pulled. You can draw several shots into the same cup if you want to brew a full-size cup of coffee. You can buy a wide range or set up automatic deliveries directly from Nespresso.
With several removable parts, such as the drip tray, capsule container, and water tank, this model is pretty simple to clean. The smooth body makes it very easy to wipe clean. By pressing both brew buttons, you can also enter the 15-minute descaling mode of the Essenza Mini. Depending on the water hardness, after 300 to 1,200 shots of espresso, you would need to descale.
Overall Pros and Cons
• Very compact
• Choice of two espresso sizes
• Produces good espresso with impressive creme
• Streamlined and easy to use
|• Basic plastic construction|
• Some durability issues
• Small used capsule compartment
While Espresso Mini may be a simple option for people with straightforward needs, it may not be ideal for everyone.
So here are some alternatives:
- Hamilton Beach FlexBrew Coffee Maker: If you want regular coffee instead of espresso and in large amounts, this is the perfect product for you.
- Mr. Coffee Espresso and CappuccinoMaker: If you want more versatility, this alternative is capable of making cappuccino or latte.
- Nespresso VertuoPlus Deluxe Coffee and Espresso Maker: Similar to Nespresso Essenza Mini, this has five cup sizes compared to two cups in Mini.
General Tips for Purchasing Single-serve Coffee Maker
- Experience level: You need to be honest about your experience level with espresso machines. If you’re a novice, it’s advisable to start with a simple machine at first.
- Budget and machine size: Your budget is also important and one of the most important things to consider. If you’re looking for espresso machines under 300, single serve machines are often more affordable than semi-automatic ones. You also need to keep in mind the size of the machine and how it fits your home. The machine size should be proportionate to that of your counter space.
- Purpose: If you need a coffee maker for your morning cup of java an espresso machine may not be the perfect choice for you. But if you like to treat yourself to the occasional cappuccino once in a while a cappuccino or espresso machine would be the right choice. Hence, purpose serves an important role in determining the product, which is correct for you, and you must consider that before purchasing the product.
If you have made it to the end of the article, it means you’ve almost made up your mind to purchase the Nespresso Essenza Mini Coffee Machine for yourself. If the nespresso essenza mini reviews 2021 are anything to go by we are sure you will have a pleasant experience with it!